Thursday, October 20, 2011

My take on the 2012 Civic

Over this short time that 2012 Honda Civic has been introduced, I have heard mixed messages and reviews.
Here's a summary of what I think of it. Despite my employment with Mazda, I'm fairly confident my thought are fairly objective and true to myself.

Let me start by showing this quick review by Consumer's Report.
(For those of you not too familiar what Consumer's Report is, it is:
 "an American Magazine published monthly by Consumers Union since 1936. It publishes reviews and comparisons of consumer products and services based on reporting and results from its in-house testing laboratory. It also publishes cleaning and general buying guides. It has approximately 7.3 million subscribers[1] and an annual testing budget of approximately US$21 million.[2] The annual Consumer Reports new car issue, released every April, is typically the magazine's best-selling issue and is thought to influence millions of automobile purchases."   
.......Directly stolen from Wikipedia for those of you too lazy to wiki them yourselves =D)


Here is the report:



Pretty much what I think as well.

Honda Civic has always borne the reputation of being reliable, fun to drive, and nice to look atThose are exactly the reasons I bought my 2009 Civic. It just stood out from all other cars (Mazda 3 included! I'm not a fan of the interior of first generation Mazda 3). But wow how things have changed in as little as 3 years.

I'm sure the 2012 Civic is as reliable as ever, but I don't think I can say the same for the other two (handling and appearance) and it dulls in comparison with other new cars. What I think? You'd never go wrong with a civic, just like you won't with a Corolla. But why do it when there's other as reliable, but more exciting cars out there?

Vanilla ice cream is the most popular flavour in the world because it is the easiest choice, but why get it at an ice cream bar when there's chocolate AND cookies AND cream?




I'm hungry :D

No comments:

Post a Comment